PRO: Xmas Update

Here is where important announcements and latest news about the game can be found!

Moderators: Community Coordinator, Developer

User avatar
PreHax
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master
Posts: 2569
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Pokecenter Vermilion
Career: soon student of informatics
IGN: Prehax
Been thanked: 2 times
Gender: Male
Age: 21
Contact:

Re: PRO: Xmas Update

Postby PreHax » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:27 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Anduin wrote:Source of the post Celebration of the 1 year anniversary of PRO.


savage, I mean why was the rate 1/20?
User avatar
Jahus
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:51 am
Location: Bourg Palette
Career:
Been thanked: 2 times
Gender: Male
Age: 27

Re: PRO: Xmas Update

Postby Jahus » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:33 am

PreHax wrote:Source of the post xmas are 800% more common ^^


It's what I said: Why 8 times more common? (By the way, saying 800% more makes it feel like a big deal, I prefer 8 times).

So... Why 8 times, why not 16 times or 4 times, or 32 times more common?

And talking about changing to balance the odds... Even Nintendo made shinies twice more common (200% more common), to the rate for 1/4096. Why is our rate here engraved in stone?
User avatar
Anduin
Moderator
Moderator
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master
Posts: 1520
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:20 pm
Career:
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Gender: None specified

Re: PRO: Xmas Update

Postby Anduin » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:22 pm

PreHax wrote:Source of the post savage, I mean why was the rate 1/20?

Because clones should be spread. Everyone should have had the chance to obtain them.
User avatar
Anduin
Moderator
Moderator
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master
Posts: 1520
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:20 pm
Career:
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Gender: None specified

Re: PRO: Xmas Update

Postby Anduin » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:23 pm

Jahus wrote:Source of the post Why is our rate here engraved in stone?

One reason: mmo :P
User avatar
Jahus
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:51 am
Location: Bourg Palette
Career:
Been thanked: 2 times
Gender: Male
Age: 27

Re: PRO: Xmas Update

Postby Jahus » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:38 pm

Anduin wrote:Source of the post One reason: mmo :P


If I understand correctly: It cannot be changed because it has been that way at the beginning? And if it's changed now, it would be unfair to those who farmed in early days?
User avatar
Coop33
Champion
Champion
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:54 pm
Career:
Gender: None specified

Re: PRO: Xmas Update

Postby Coop33 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:52 pm

Jahus wrote:Source of the post
Anduin wrote:Source of the post One reason: mmo :P


If I understand correctly: It cannot be changed because it has been that way at the beginning? And if it's changed now, it would be unfair to those who farmed in early days?


No.
What he means is that u have a MMO-Environment in PRO and its not like original Pokemon where u usually play/hunt/breed on your own. Most important thing in PRO is interacting with other players (MMO) and to keep an healthy economy in the game. So they make Pokes that rare, that not everyone can get them and if u really want it u can trade it. Same reason why breeding doesnt exist in here. PRO-Market would die completly in no time and PVP would be full of 6x31 IV monsters in every top team.^^
I could elaborate it more but i will stop here, there are already others threads in this forum to find about this topic.

Well it doesnt mean that they cant adjust numbers if u really explain (with numbers etc) why it would be healty for the economy to raise the encounters of "x-poke" in "x-area". :) Red already has done this several times this year.
TasyaBerlian9
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:01 pm
Career:
Gender: None specified

Re: PRO: Xmas Update

Postby TasyaBerlian9 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:47 am

merry xmas pro. Hope at least i got one xmas pokemon :D
User avatar
jhaydenite
Advanced Trainer
Advanced Trainer
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:01 pm
Location: philippines
Career: Freelancer
Gender: None specified
Age: 16

Re: PRO: Xmas Update

Postby jhaydenite » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:14 am

You say it unfair for who farmed early. Well only for those who are greedy and self centered would say those. Xmas should be giving and having not losing and getting stressed for nothing.
User avatar
chameleon
Pro Trainer
Pro Trainer
Posts: 400
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:38 pm
Location: Australia
Career:
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times
Gender: Male

Re: PRO: Xmas Update

Postby chameleon » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:19 am

How to be a staff member 101
Throw the word "MMO" whenever you can't answer a complaint/suggestion, and it's done. Ezpz
User avatar
MadHatterAbi
Fresh Trainer
Fresh Trainer
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:34 am
Career:
Has thanked: 2 times
Gender: Female
Age: 23

Re: PRO: Xmas Update

Postby MadHatterAbi » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:27 am

chameleon wrote:Source of the post How to be a staff member 101
Throw the word "MMO" whenever you can't answer a complaint/suggestion, and it's done. Ezpz


Because people don't understand that xmas Poke is sth special and you have to put some effort to get one. If you don't understand the rules of MMO don't play one.
ThatKid
Advanced Trainer
Advanced Trainer
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:42 pm
Location: In your mind.
Career:
Gender: None specified

Re: PRO: Xmas Update

Postby ThatKid » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:50 am

Yesterday was very annoying with the DDOS onslaughts. I lost an xmas furret.

Return to “Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AskMeKappa, Naero and 7 guests