Differences between PRO and Original Games (Info Dump and Guide for Newbies)

Find mechanical information about PRO's in-game features and services here.

Moderator: Community Coordinator

Eleaten
Cool Trainer
Cool Trainer
Career:

Re: Differences between PRO and Original Games (Info Dump and Guide for Newbies)

Postby Eleaten » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:50 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Epsilonn wrote:Source of the postThanks for doing this by the way. It summarizes many of the questions being asked in help chat on a daily basis. Hope the newer players come and read the guides in the forum more often.

No problem. It's partly for me too, so I don't need to keep 5 different links bookmarked for this information. There's been over 400 views in under 24 hours, so I'd say a lot of people view the forums.
Estneked
Career:

Re: Differences between PRO and Original Games (Info Dump and Guide for Newbies)

Postby Estneked » Sun May 08, 2016 5:44 pm

Here is how I see it:
    No breeding? I dont understand why no breeding, but accept it (not much choice here). An actual explanation would be helpful.
    Single use TMs? Its that big of a problem with breeding, as they could be trasnferred. Here its more problematic. Okay, I accept that its needed for (or at least helps to maintain) an MMO market. From what I've epxerienced, you can buy multiples of the same tm, so it works out in the end.
    But come on, no lucky egg? Without breeding, we are forced to grind a metric ton, even just catching a good mon takes ages, and you take away pretty much the only thing that could help us (the only thing that Im aware of)? It should be in the game, even if for only the sake of compensation, for missing breeding.
I heard there are tutors for egg moves, so thats solved peacefully.

So now its a gen I game with gen VI mechanics. If these things were in an online gen I game, they would feel more at home. Now it feels like a game with an awkward mixture of gens. Because fairy typing is sooo important... (/sarcasm)
Shaiapouf
Career: Pokemon Trainer
IGN: Shaiapouf

Postby Shaiapouf » Tue May 24, 2016 9:49 pm

Hello,

I have one question about PRO's Pokemons stats. To which game does the stats of the PRO pokemons look like the most ? (So that I can train my pokemons correctly ^^)

Thank you :)
Eleaten
Cool Trainer
Cool Trainer
Career:

Postby Eleaten » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:45 pm

Shaiapouf wrote:Hello,

I have one question about PRO's Pokemons stats. To which game does the stats of the PRO pokemons look like the most ? (So that I can train my pokemons correctly ^^)

Thank you :)

Generation 6 Stats. Gen 1-2 Pokemon have the OR/AS moveset, Generation 3 and over Pokemon have the Gen V moveset.
Melhar
Career:

Postby Melhar » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:19 am

Sand attack is working? im using it with my pidgey and all savage pokemons attack me with 100% acc
Tro11z
Champion
Champion
Career:
IGN: Tro11z

Postby Tro11z » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:41 am

Melhar wrote:Source of the post Sand attack is working? im using it with my pidgey and all savage pokemons attack me with 100% acc

No evasion moves do not work yet.
Eleaten
Cool Trainer
Cool Trainer
Career:

Postby Eleaten » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:24 pm

Updated somewhat.
Cynthetik
Career:

Postby Cynthetik » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:22 am

Something I should add for differences between the regular game and PRO.

In PRO: Diglett's cave is not accessible until after you beat Lt Surge. Which I find mildly jarring.

In the RBY and FR/LG versions, you can easily access Diglett's cave prior to starting the 3rd gym and catch a level 26 Dugtrio to help you.
klkevinkl
Career:

Postby klkevinkl » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:12 pm

Cynthetik wrote:Source of the post Something I should add for differences between the regular game and PRO.

In PRO: Diglett's cave is not accessible until after you beat Lt Surge. Which I find mildly jarring.

In the RBY and FR/LG versions, you can easily access Diglett's cave prior to starting the 3rd gym and catch a level 26 Dugtrio to help you.

This applies to basically any area with gyms. In the original games, you could often just walk past them and come back to them later once you get stronger Pokemon in order to make it easier. However, PRO prevents you from basically going anywhere past the gym unless you beat the Gym first. It makes the game grindy as hell since you have to level up on Pokemon half your level in order to beat the gym.
Kaffemobil
Career:

Postby Kaffemobil » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:04 pm

Great info, thanks!

I have a question about exp gain though and I can't find anything on the forum about it.

If you get level up faster keeping the Pokémon unevolved then it makes sense to evolve when it's really high, right? Or is there some downside to this? E.g. My bulbasaur on lv 14 if I turn it to venusaur on 60 will it be equally strong in base stats as a venusaur at 60 that evolved on lvl 32?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post the question

/kaffemobil

Return to “Game Mechanics”